Skip to main content
Top 5 tips to add impact to your walls
- Wallpaper – this can be used in similar tones to other walls in the room, but the potential to add texture can create interest and layers. This may be ideal for a TV wall.
- Contrast walls – by using a similar, but darker colour to surrounding walls, you can create a softer effect than a feature wall and break up the dominant colour being used in a room.
- Take a sample – use sample pots of paint to test if a colour is right for the exact light and surrounding colours in your room.
- Contrast woodwork – use a vivid white on woodwork (skirting boards, etc.) to highlight these areas and create a fresh look, or paint woodwork in the same colour as the walls in enamel paint to create a more seamless modern look.
- Go seamless – not every ceiling has to be white. By painting the ceiling a colour that is 50 per cent of the strength used on the walls, you can accentuate the height of your walls while blending them into the ceiling.