- Avoid casting shadows – downlights create shadow if not placed in the right location. It’s best not to rely on downlights alone but also use additional lighting.
- Think about task lighting and where you’ll need it to perform tasks adequately. Bathrooms and kitchens definitely need it!
- Mood lighting – dimmers and lamps allow you to create mood lighting which is much softer and nicer to be in than a room full of downlights!
- Consider using up lights to create a flood of light and a lovely ambiance.
- Replace downlights with wall washes and have light reflect off the ceiling to minimise shadowing.
Top 5 tips for lighting
Floor Plan Sanity Check™
Small changes to your floor plan can revolutionise its functionality and save you thousands.
A Floor Plan Sanity Check™ is a second set of professional eyes reviewing your plans for things you hadn’t thought of. A second opinion for peace of mind.
Find out more and book your Floor Plan Sanity Check™ directly here.
Book a Chat
Your Forever Home