- Avoid casting shadows – downlights create shadow if not placed in the right location. It’s best not to rely on downlights alone but also use additional lighting.
- Think about task lighting and where you’ll need it to perform tasks adequately. Bathrooms and kitchens definitely need it!
- Mood lighting – dimmers and lamps allow you to create mood lighting which is much softer and nicer to be in than a room full of downlights!
- Consider using up lights to create a flood of light and a lovely ambiance.
- Replace downlights with wall washes and have light reflect off the ceiling to minimise shadowing.
Bathrooms are one of the most important spaces in our home. They are also one of the rooms…