- Avoid casting shadows – downlights create shadow if not placed in the right location. It’s best not to rely on downlights alone but also use additional lighting.
- Think about task lighting and where you’ll need it to perform tasks adequately. Bathrooms and kitchens definitely need it!
- Mood lighting – dimmers and lamps allow you to create mood lighting which is much softer and nicer to be in than a room full of downlights!
- Consider using up lights to create a flood of light and a lovely ambiance.
- Replace downlights with wall washes and have light reflect off the ceiling to minimise shadowing.
Need help in getting the functional and aesthetic design details right?
Book a free 15-minute chat to discuss your project and we may be able to assist.