- Budget – Always buy the best you can avoid. A floor is difficult to replace & generally one of the most costly items in your home. It has the most impact and sets the scene for the home.
- Tiles – Easy to clean & durable so ideal for family areas. There are a plethora of tiles to choose from these days, from a polished concrete & Moroccan tadelakt finish, to timber look & marble. Porcelain is more durable than ceramic & hardwearing.
- Carpet – Excellent for bedrooms where it’s lovely to step out of bed onto something soft. Never skimp on the underlay. It makes your carpet last longer and feel plusher underfoot. I always recommend Dunlop Ultimate.
- Timber – Creates a lovely warm look, however does involve maintenance as dents and scratches easily. A timber look tile could be an alternative for durability. Bamboo is sustainable & one of the hardest timbers around, so a great choice on many fronts.
- Linoleum – it’s making a great comeback and has come a long way since the ‘50’s. It’s soft underfoot, easy to clean & economical. These days ‘lino’ comes in fabulous colours, available to mimic marble, concrete, stone & tiles. Very economical to install, and can even go directly over tiles!
Top 5 tips for selecting a floor
Floor Plan Sanity Check™
Small changes to your floor plan can revolutionise its functionality and save you thousands.
A Floor Plan Sanity Check™ is a second set of professional eyes reviewing your plans for things you hadn’t thought of. A second opinion for peace of mind.
Find out more and book your Floor Plan Sanity Check™ directly here.
Book a Chat
Your Forever Home