Episode 107: Creating a Vision for Your Home
Having a vision is important when you are creating a brief. It needs to be clear, so you know which direction you are going for your home.
What is a vision?
A vision is more than just the aesthetic and architectural design of your home. It is about planning for the future with imagination. When applied to creating homes, a vision is about creating your dreams.
- What could your home be?
- How would you like your home to be?
You don’t need to provide solutions when creating visions, leave that to your architect and designer as they are the ones who interpret your vision and turn it into a design solution.
Why create a vision?
- It enables you to sit, reflect and think about what you really want when planning for your home.
- It allows you to visualize what you’re trying to create.
- It enables you to assess what’s been presented back to you in a constructive way.
How do you create a vision for your home?
Firstly, have some fun with it! Start with your dreams, and work back from there. Involve your family in the discussion (especially kids).
Things you might want to ask when thinking about your vision:
- What’s going to make your heart sing?
- What do you love?
- What have you gravitated to for years?
- What architectural style and materials do you consistently go back to?
- What does your family need from the home?
- What lifestyle requirements do you have?
- What does your family need in the future, so your home grows with you? Visualize what your future holds with your family.
- Are your parents going to move in?
- In summary
Think about how you want your home to look like
- Architecture you love
You also need to think about what you need in your home.
Upcoming Free Online Masterclass
Learn the key steps to get you on the path to completing the interior design of your own home. Plus kill that crushing question ‘I don’t know where to start.
Join my brand new online masterclass- “5 Essentials to Know Before You Start Designing Your Home”.
Choose from the following dates below:
- Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 7 pm AEDT
- Thursday 3rd March 2022 at 12 noon AEDT
- Wednesday 9th March 2022 at 6 pm AEDT
Register your spot now
If you can’t make it, I’ll send you the replay
Creating a brief is not something that everyone thinks of when about to build a home or engage any number of experts they may need to create the home of their dreams. Read my blog on “How to Create a Brief for your Home” to get started.
Want to create a brief but don’t know where to start? Download my FREE briefing template here.
Related Podcast Episodes
Your Forever Home