In this episode of Your Forever Home, Frances outlines several decorating tips on how to create a warm and inviting bathroom. She offers plenty of insight and advice to allow you to make the finishing touches to your bathroom to create a space you can be proud of. There’s nothing worse than a sparse bathroom with no soul, so this episode will give you the confidence to try her creative and insightful ideas. From plants, towels and mirrors, to artwork, stools and baskets – there’s plenty to experiment with to make your bathroom a haven!
Episode 87: Bathroom Design Essentials – Bathroom Decorating
Adding plants is a number one rule of thumb in decorating across the entire home. In a bathroom, plants add a beautiful lease of life. They generate oxygen and add an instant “lived in” feeling and a sense of calm. Most plants thrive in bathrooms because of the high humidity and moisture.
- Add a trailing pot like a devil’s ivy on window sills, shelves or shower niche
- Put plants on plant stands as they add height to a corner
- Hanging plants from the ceiling
- Pop a small plant on your vanity
Plants to try:
- Devil’s Ivy
- Orchid- to add a little bit of colour
- Chain of hearts
- Spider plants- you can hang them as they drape beautifully
- Air plants
Towels are a fantastic way to inject texture, pattern and colour into the space. It can also reflect your mood or serve as a seasonal décor. Keep in mind, try to marry the colours of the towels with the tone of the bathroom- I.e cool or warm tones.
A painted wall is an ideal location for hanging artwork. Try leaving a wall free of tiles to allow for hanging artwork. It adds personality and unique touch to the space.
- Artwork from travels
- A piece of artwork that makes you feel relaxed and calm
- Artwork with your favourite colours
- Shaving cabinets come in a variety of different shapes which can add to the aesthetic and also give additional storage space.
- In a powder room where storage requirements are not as necessary, opt for a decorative mirror
- Framed mirrors can add an element of design.
- Opt for organic shapes such as oval or round as they can break up all the rectangles in the space. It’s also softer and more visually appealing.
Baskets always make a space feel homey and inviting. They can be purely decorative or can be an added storage option.
- You can use a basket for many things, including somewhere to store your
- Toilet rolls
- Can be placed in the corner, by the bath, or even in the shower.
- Used as a side table when in the bath
- You can place a plant on it
I love vintage timber stools as it adds character and texture to the space!
Services at White Pebble Interiors
Beautiful Bathroom Design Made Easy Online Course
Ready to design and create your own beautiful bathroom? Get all the interior designer insider knowledge in the Beautiful Bathroom Design Made Easy Online Course. With 21 self-paced modules, this online course allows you to create your dream bathroom. Find out more here.
Book a Chat
If you’re thinking about renovating or creating a new bathroom, Frances would love to hear from you. You can contact Frances by booking a 15 minute chat with her.
Join the “Renovating and Building your Forever Home” Facebook Group
Want to be inspired to create a home you truly love? One that is future proof and adaptable as your family’s needs change? Join our exclusive (but inclusive) Renovating and Building Your Forever Home Facebook Group.
Your Forever Home