In this episode of Your Forever Home, Frances outlines several decorating tips on how to create a warm and inviting bathroom. She offers plenty of insight and advice to allow you to make the finishing touches to your bathroom to create a space you can be proud of. There’s nothing worse than a sparse bathroom with no soul, so this episode will give you the confidence to try her creative and insightful ideas. From plants, towels and mirrors, to artwork, stools and baskets – there’s plenty to experiment with to make your bathroom a haven!
Adding plants is a number one rule of thumb in decorating across the entire home. In a bathroom, plants add a beautiful lease of life. They generate oxygen and add an instant “lived in” feeling and a sense of calm. Most plants thrive in bathrooms because of the high humidity and moisture.
- Add a trailing pot like a devil’s ivy on window sills, shelves or shower niche
- Put plants on plant stands as they add height to a corner
- Hanging plants from the ceiling
- Pop a small plant on your vanity
Plants to try:
- Devil’s Ivy
- Orchid- to add a little bit of colour
- Chain of hearts
- Spider plants- you can hang them as they drape beautifully
- Air plants
Towels are a fantastic way to inject texture, pattern and colour into the space. It can also reflect your mood or serve as a seasonal décor. Keep in mind, try to marry the colours of the towels with the tone of the bathroom- I.e cool or warm tones.
A painted wall is an ideal location for hanging artwork. Try leaving a wall free of tiles to allow for hanging artwork. It adds personality and unique touch to the space.
- Artwork from travels
- A piece of artwork that makes you feel relaxed and calm
- Artwork with your favourite colours
- Shaving cabinets come in a variety of different shapes which can add to the aesthetic and also give additional storage space.
- In a powder room where storage requirements are not as necessary, opt for a decorative mirror
- Framed mirrors can add an element of design.
- Opt for organic shapes such as oval or round as they can break up all the rectangles in the space. It’s also softer and more visually appealing.
Baskets always make a space feel homey and inviting. They can be purely decorative or can be an added storage option.
- You can use a basket for many things, including somewhere to store your
- Toilet rolls
- Can be placed in the corner, by the bath, or even in the shower.
- Used as a side table when in the bath
- You can place a plant on it
I love vintage timber stools as it adds character and texture to the space!
Services at White Pebble Interiors
Book a Chat
If you’re thinking about renovating or creating a new bathroom, Frances would love to hear from you. You can contact Frances by booking a 15 minute chat with her.
Join the “Renovating and Building your Forever Home” Facebook Group
Want to be inspired to create a home you truly love? One that is future proof and adaptable as your family’s needs change? Join our exclusive (but inclusive) Renovating and Building Your Forever Home Facebook Group.